Find More Posts by BThirsk
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
Original quote BThirsk -

As you know, the Trex FB was a very kind thought, but not my first choice.
However, when the dust settles a bit - and when (and if) I get reasonably competent with this CP, what next?
I really like the 450 size. Can see it a long way off, and it does already seem pretty immune to the local wind. The choice would seem to be between the Blade 450X, and the Align 450 plus DFC.
I'm told the best would be the Align with the BeastX - but obviously an expensive road to travel.
Any input appreciated!

PS - Only crash so far has been as a result of a feathering shaft bolt coming adrift (no thread locker). Even Align RTF can goof! (or really, the motto is - check EVERYTHING). $30 repairs, F45 would have laughed at the 4' drop!
Seeing you already have a 450 TREX, you might want the try something else when you're ready. Depending on the budget, there are lots of choices.
I have a HK600 and my buddy has the new HK550. Both are nice after you replace $150.00 worth of parts with Align pieces that are substandard. He is looking at a 700 goblin but I think he will wait till spring.
I was drooling over an 800 Mikado, but at almost $4000.00 US, I won't be getting that one until I can stand every Heli I got on it' s head and not crash.
The choices are endless.
I think what I really want next is a HK500 FBL torque tube because the size is just a little bigger than a 450 but not quite so cumbersome as the 600.
Did I give you some food for thought.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk