Thread: Discussion A few F/F plans added....
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:11 PM
Find More Posts by algy2
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Aeromodeller free flight plans

Hi,
To Vol 62 issue 737 of AEROMODELLER and on the cover PINK PANTHER with the full size plan to be found inside.

Pink Panther, a simple CO2 sport model, is the work of PETER MILLER.

Despite being a simple model to make it has attractive lines and flies well although initial trimming flights showed problems until it was found that it’s not advisable to fly right under power.

Next was PETER WATSON’S “NO FRILLS” a contest winning F1J duration power design from one of the UK’s top power flyers.

Peter said he kept the design as simple and lightweight as possible. Full trimming advice is given in the construction article.

I have scanned the half page size plan reproduction at my highest setting (600dpi) but cannot quite make out the wingspan and no scale is given on the plan. Any help with this most welcome.

Next a very interesting article on MICK KING’S classic 1954 Nordic A2 Sailplane INCH WORM by MARTYN PRESSNELL

Martyn has recreated the Contest Kits plan and it was printed as a quarter page reproduction with the article. Have once again scanned it at my highest setting and it should be usable blown up to full size.

There is a current “INCH WORM” thread to be found here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1753244

Cheers

Algy
algy2 is offline Find More Posts by algy2