Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:16 PM
Find More Posts by Trill
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Oct 2008
1,592 Posts
48" Super Vyper for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory.da View Post
Thanks guys for all the comparisons. I wanted the 59" to have a good wind plane and the precision factor. I'm considering the 51" just because I like the Slicks so dang much and everyone seems to really like the way the 51" and the 71" flys. I have both the 48" and the 68" Velox if I need the wild side, but to me the 68" is pretty precise as well as floaty on e-power. Then there is the 48" Super Viper, just not crazy about the looks of it. 3dhs gives us so many choices......isn't it great! It's going to be the SV for precision, or the 51"Slick so I can see what all the Slickness hype is about, maybe I should just buy both.
If precision is your concern, the 48" Super Viper is your bird. From what I've seen the 48" SV and 65" Vyper handle wind well.
All my Slicks also handle turbulence well. If you want stability along with the wild side of 3D, the 51" Slick is for you.

I try to choose my planes with future upgrades in mind. The 48" SV uses three
HS 65MG servos and one HS 85MG servo on a 4S battery. The 51" Slick uses four HS 85 MG servos.

I have lots of HS 65MG and HB servos that I can use for the 48" SV and future 40" airframe projects. This was one factor in going with the 48" SV instead of the 65" Vyper for now. Another factor is the field only one mile from my house where I have flown everything from micro foamies up to my 59" Slick.

From the information available to me, the 65" Vyper will likely give me the precision and 3D performance I seek. So, if you are looking for precision and 3D performance in a mid size electric, take a look at the 65" Vyper. The 65" Vyper is also on sale as a part of the F3A Promotion.

Finally, look at some of the 65" Vyper videos. The performance of the Vyper will likely overcome your objection to the way it looks. I'm eager to see what my yellow 48" SV can do!

"Excellence is the minimum. Perfection is the standard."
Trill is offline Find More Posts by Trill
Last edited by Trill; Oct 19, 2012 at 04:01 PM.