Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:19 PM
Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
25,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. foambuilder View Post
Okey Dokey Frank; I buy more "locally" now than I used to. BUT having been in this Hobby( insert addiction here), since 1959, AND having owned a hobby shop at one time, I know what it takes to make it a go. This does not include adding the freight and then doubling the price. I do not deny any one a decent mark up on their merchandise, but you must admit some of the sites are really outlandish. My closest hobby shop(brick and mortar) is 100 miles away, and is limited in merchandise that I need and use. Therefore I buy online at the most cost efficient site that I can. Be it one of the larger online stores, or possibly going to the overseas market. It IS a matter of economics for me. If the American market wants to survive, they must be competitive. That being said, I stand by my decision to buy as I can from whomever I can. Thanks for the thread. Roy
There is nothing wrong with buying online. That is why I said "locally" in quotations. Locally for me is HeadsUp RC or ServoCity. They are located in my dining room.

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer