View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:45 AM
Find More Posts by Jovanx
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,432 Posts
I had a great time flying the little Corsair in a big wind. After several days of rain, the sun came out and the wind was up. There aren't many people to fly with in my little town, but there is a new guy who flew for years but hasn't done it for about 12 years. Now he is retired and wants to get back into it big time, and go all electric. The club gave him my phone number because they are all gassers and I am the lone electric guy.

The club guys don't get all that excited by watching a 1 oz foam plane fly. They like their 60" planes with lots of noise and smoke. The new guy came over to my place and I gave him a demo of 3 planes. He was amazed how that little Corsair could manage to hold it's own in such gusty wind conditions. If it had been a steady wind, the little motor would probably been overpowered, but it was gusty because of trees around the edge of the field. That day it battled the sudden ups and downs and survived. I managed to put it down on the wheels on the running-track, and then the wind picked it up and threw it over onto the grass. No damage, and the audience was impressed.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx