: Build Log
A10 twin 50mm
View Single Post
Oct 19, 2012
, 10:31 AM
United States, WA, Shelton
Joined Feb 2012
I finally finished assembly and started painting. After trying some WBPU spray I ended up brushing it with poly and talc. The finish could have turned out better but its not bad. Trying to sand the airframe after assembly was tough. I planned to maiden her before doing much detailing but our weather up here has turned to the usual rain so I will just keep working on it.
View all Images in thread
I built the rail mounts out of 1/32 ply and extended them to the TE. The will help with belly landings.
Hatches done and magnets installed. The rear hatch will be for TX and ESC's. I plan to install the ESC's on the CG line. I need to look at cooling options.
Found these at Walmart, they are very strong. But I found the same type at Harbor freight for about half the price.
This was the poly I tried. I just didnt get the foam smooth enough without using some type of filler.
After airframe assembly Im at 7.1 ounce.
Finally painted. After poly/talc and paint the airframe weighs 10 ounces. I was shooting for 9
I am going to install the electronics before any more detailing.