Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:58 AM
Find More Posts by flymess
Corflute Codger
Australia, New South Wales, Fernmount
Joined Feb 2011
581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWhisky View Post
That website is excellent and provides lots of useful how-to information among the many good practical model designs.

Query re square plastic tube for fuselages. I couldn`t find any full square plastic tubes in my travels - is there any available? I did come across a plastic channel section with snap-on lid (cable-tray) at Bunnings that looked like it might have possibilities. I didn`t buy any at the time as 4 metre length was minimum quantity available. Has anyone used this material or can advise of any similar?

I guess that folding a square fuselage from corflute is a practical solution..?

Alan W
You got it AW.
That gutter pipe seems to be a very North American thing. You can make your own fuselages from corflute (that's when the 5mm stuff comes in handy)
Or go with one of the "rail" builds. Simple aluminium channel which can contain the servos and all other electrics (except the battery). I mentioned it before and I'll do so again. The QHOR is one of the easiest to build and most satisfying planes to fly that you can make for almost nothing. (there is the slightest mod which makes it a gem:- cable tie the high point, created by the fold in the wing top, down to the alum channel). You get a much gentler windflow over the top and it's a pussy to fly
flymess is offline Find More Posts by flymess