Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:09 PM
Find More Posts by lovegroove
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7AC View Post
As a result of this thread I now have most of the pieces for a 450 quad build on order from HK. I also ordered 30a esc's from RC Timer. What I haven't yet ordered are the motors. I want to use my existing 2200mah 3s batteries on this quad. They all come in very close to 200 grams. I would also like to lift a HK 5.8hz vtx which uses a 450mah 3s battery at under 50 grams, and a HK board camera which is very light. My question is which motors? I have used the HK 750kv pancake motors on other models and they seem ok. I have three HK 35/36 1200kv's and one G-Force 35/30 1200kv along with two 28/16 1200kv's. But I have no clue as which would be best for what I'm trying to do. I'm sure the 35mm motors will lift more, but will certainly suck the power from a 2200mah battery in no time at all. Which ones will give the best compromise between lifting power and flight time?
Can you provide links to the motors that you have so that I can read up on the specifications, then I'll get back to you with my recommendation.
lovegroove is offline Find More Posts by lovegroove