View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:14 AM
Find More Posts by brontide
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Regulations: There are no laws that require buddy box use, that is an AMA regulation required for AMA fields or if you are AMA and want to be covered under AMA insurance. I would also add that while FPV for hobby is generally considered unregulated, use of FPV for commercial gain is probably illegal in the US even though it is never enforced. Overall, it falls under the "know your airspace" clause of flying in general.

I spent far too long last night rebuilding my quad again after a prop failure ( HINT: if your model fails to respond to turns bring it down and ground it until you have found the source, those clockwise props are a bear if not secured 100% ). Got in some new parts on and then took off "prop savers" since I just didn't feel they were secure. Ended up just attaching the props directly to the bells. I think this will be simpler and more secure in the long run.

Before I lost the prop yesterday I completed at least 2 complete flips. They were crude, but they were 360 flips. Need to get better with downing the throttle.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Last edited by brontide; Oct 18, 2012 at 07:37 AM.