Thread: Discussion Dynam Meteor
View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:06 AM
Flyindude is offline
Find More Posts by Flyindude
Dirtnap Certified
Flyindude's Avatar
Joined Aug 2012
194 Posts
Thanks to advice from Peter via PM I was able to balance the fan. First up froze the assembly for 15mins to help loosen the nut. Then I used a Dubro balancer and did a static balance. I put around 6 small pieces of tape in the lighter side of the hub, spread over 2 different slots. The motor wasn't centred as Peter suggested earlier, and so used a Dremel with a tapered bit to enlarge the holes allowing me to nudge it away from the scrape mark. Seems to have worked reasonably well. Now will try the dynamic Design of Experiments orienting the blade wrt the motor and see what vibes the least. I reckon I have to be ahead of the game already. Dynam should lift their game in this regard...Cheers
Flyindude is offline Find More Posts by Flyindude
Reply With Quote