View Single Post
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:27 PM
Find More Posts by Jackson Stone
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
835 Posts
I am with Starhopper... so many planes but still a list of planes to repair and build. I have spent the Summer months in the thrall of flying; flying as many airplanes as much of the time as possible. All this while starting a new business and trying to keep my wife and family happy.

I recently put together a count of active, repairable and planes scheduled for building. I have twenty-five planes on the list. Wow! There are a couple I am going to sell, and there is always the possibility I will destroy a couple more, but that still leaves a whole air force in my basement and garage. To better organize my fleet I recently built a series of plane racks out of 3/4 inch PVC pipe and black pipe foam insulation. The insulation provides a nice surface to rest the plane on.

For the winter months I have the same plans as StarHopper. I am going to sell off the less loved planes, fix the ones that are broken or need upgrades, build the couple that are still in boxes and get every one of them flight tested and tuned for next flying season. There is some thing quite nice about having a "portfolio" of planes to choose from that are truly ready to fly. Some days I want to burn holes in the sky, others I yearn for the pleasure of catching thermals and staying aloft, still others the passion is for performing precise aerobatic routines, and last is the rapture of launching a beautiful scale warbird or civilian plane and flying it in a scale manner. This year I also got head long into amphibians and had a blast with the Dynam PBY.

Keep up the good word Starhopper and keep me posted on progress with your winter projects. I will do the same.

Cheers,

Jackson
Jackson Stone is offline Find More Posts by Jackson Stone