Thread: Discussion New Horizon PA-18 Super Cub
View Single Post
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:16 PM
Find More Posts by roknhs
United States, ID
Joined Apr 2007
138 Posts
I think it's worth it.........can't think of a quality PA-18 for less. If you don't like the covering......take it off and recover or put a paint job on it. Aeroworks asks close to a $1000 bucks to get theirs to your door.........now that seems over the top to me.
I had a 15% coupon for Horizon so, I took the plunge. With the discount and the free shipping (oversize charge $22 bucks was not waived) , it was like $575 shipped to my door.

Compared to the Aeroworks cub and the Dave Patrick cub prices........I think Horizon has hit the sweet spot for pricing...........their quality is better than most and their customer support is great.

I've got their 1/4 scale J3 and have been more than happy with it........I'll sell that to make room for the super cub.

Might power it with a Brison 40 or possibly a DLE 55..........kinda think I want to tow some gliders. The Brison is on my J3 and it has been a great match for that airframe...........the PA-18 is pretty much the same.

I was very happy when Horizon introduced this super cub.......I think it will be well received and should show up at flying fields across land. Can't imagine it won't be a hit.
roknhs is offline Find More Posts by roknhs