View Single Post
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:26 AM
Find More Posts by jims123
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isisagoodun View Post
I'm not sure where you are getting the idea from, that the RMG is the only 'legal' winch. ANY suitable drum or lever arm winch can be fitted. I have been using the lever arm option in my ISIS for the last nine years, ever since Trevor Binks used one at the Vancouver Worlds. It is a Hi-tec HS5735MG, which is no longer available, and I have carried its successor, HS-5745HS, in my toolbag as a spare, just in case, but have never had to use it in all that time These winches come at a fraction of the cost of the RMG, and, even with the 1:2 ratio sheeting set up, gives enough oomph at a faster speed than the RMG. Some of my club mates have been using Futaba products quite successfully over the same time scale. I have been using the Futaba 6EX series of TX, both at 40Mhz and 2.4 Ghz with programable end points which are easy to adjust. Sounds as if you have been given some duff info.

Ralph
Ralph,
what i said was that I did not know of any other IOM compatible alternatives, frankly i know next to nothing about IOMs, now I do, and will investigate thanks.. Regards
JimS
jims123 is offline Find More Posts by jims123
Last edited by jims123; Oct 17, 2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: typo