Thread: Discussion Walkera V120D05 - Belt driven !
View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:54 PM
Find More Posts by Travis MCH
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
So I suspect there is something wrong with the RX on my V120D05s. For a while now it's been doing this wild pitch buck in fast forward flight. I've tried every adjustmenet and part tweak under the sun and nothing seems to fix it. I finally took off the RX2622 today but don't have a spare. I do have a spare 6 axis and as much as I don't care for the flight charecteristics I installed the 6 axis RX. It's really wierd to me how the 3 axis will auto level the swash plate when binds up. The 6 axis will not. You have to mechanically level the swash plate in order to have a stable hover with no drift. If you read posts on the V120D02s thread there are guys complaining about sideways drift and forward or backward drift. With the 6 axis you have to mechanically adjust the ball links to get the swash perfectly level. Then your good to go.
I did some test hovers in the driveway with limited light but tomorrow I'll take this D05 back out for some better flying. Hopefully the pitch buck is gone. If that's the case I'll order another 3 axis Rx2622. If the problems still remains it's got to be something else. I have changed the pitch servo already and all other functions and parts seem to be working good.
Test flying will tell it all.
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH