View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:43 PM
Find More Posts by Charlescd
Quebec Aerotow Association
Canada, QC, st-jean-sur-richelieu
Joined May 2010
658 Posts
The Power HD HD-1711mg fit the servo braces perfectly. You can epoxy blocks to the brace and screw the servo in or you can glue the servo. I personally use a 40 watt glue gun. Once this stuff dries it's not going anywhere. If every you need to remove the servo, you can peel this stuff away with a lot of patience.

They suggest using several extensions for plugging the servo to the receiver but since i had some wires and plugs lying around I made my own.

Use a 9/64 drill bit and make the hole for the aileron control horn by hand. It has to stick out 10mm. Once the hole made, use epoxy to glue it in permanently.

Be careful making the Z-bend on the linkage. The rods are very brittle metal and i broke the 1st one with hardly any force at all. I had to go through my parts bin and make another rod.

Once again I use a glue gun and glue the servo brace into the wing. Next I use Avery vinyl paper. It's what is used to cover books. I use this primarily for graphics on planes, repairs and holding servo covers. It comes in a lot of colors, it's easy to use and it's dirt cheap.

One wing panel finished.
Charlescd is offline Find More Posts by Charlescd