Thread: New Product BLADE130x ????????
View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:32 AM
Find More Posts by northernsky
Joined Apr 2010
35 Posts
Horizon Hobby & Blade - A few words from a ticked off 130X owner

Horizon Hobby & Blade Product Develpment Team,

You guys create some truly great products for us RC hobbyists, and we thank you for that.

That being said, how can you release a potentially great little heli like the 130X with such a glaringly obvious engineering flaw? Of course I'm talking about the ridiculously extreme tail resonance issue.

Why would you use your customers as Beta Testers for this 130X? Surely your highly skilled Product Development Team was aware of this ridiculously obvious flaw in either engineering or manufacturing of this heli. Are you trying to tell us that you "missed" this problem when in testing phase? Because if you did, you need a new team. It shouldn't take your customers having to discover and deal with this kind of flawed product. It should have been EASILY caught & FIXED, prior to release. This is a case of basic incompetence in your quality control. It's too bad, because if this heli didn't have such a MAJOR problem, it could be a great product.

I hope that "James" from Blades Product Development Team reads this thread and learns a little something about pulling the wool over the customers' eyes. You're telling us 130X owners that the tail resonance is "normal", that we simply need to quickly throttle past that point, is TOTAL AND UTTER B.S, and you KNOW IT!

It is NOT normal to have such an EXTREME tail resonance/vibration during spool up. Some of your customers, me included, are resorting to using Walkera parts to fix this Blade 130X! That's got to be a kick in the teeth for the Development Team.

You are talking to a LOT of highly experienced RC heli pilots here, and you are not fooling us James. You are simply loosing credibility with us when you make such an absurd statement. You are not helping the development team's reputation by not being straight up with your customers.

This is clearly an engineering & or manufacturing screw up. Instead of calling this problem "NORMAL" James, which we all know it isn't, why don't you acknowledge the problem as being something that you need to FIX.

For $279 for this micro heli, we should NOT have to modify it right out of the box to make it fly correctly. It's a Bind and Fly, not a Modify, Bind and Fly!

I think you need to actually SOLVE the problem here, tell 130X owners what the REAL problem is, and send out whatever parts are necessary to fix this issue...ASAP...before the damn tail explodes on someone, and they get hurt!

Do NOT ignore this problem, and expect us all to believe it's "normal".

A ticked off Blade 130X owner,

Richard B
northernsky is offline Find More Posts by northernsky