View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:19 AM
Find More Posts by TimBle
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
Instead of adding to the confusion, why not either build one and show it doesn't fly well on 6S or at least post actual concerns? I am not trying to tell folks how to build their own plane BUT I am defending the factory setup as powerful and very capable. I would think most folks would appreciate actual data versus speculation and best guesses...

Jack
I think you are completely misunderstanding where I am at in my spec'ing of my Mythos.
I don't want to have a lot of LiPo's laying about. I would prefer to use the same battery packs for the Mythos as I would for a Fusion 50 helicopter and 8 cell seesm to be the best compromise.
I am not disputing the performance of the Mythos on 6 cell. In fact based on the information in this thread it flies the plane better than I expected.
I've checked the Fusion 50's specs and there is a 6cell set up for it as well, hence I could opt for either 6 or 8Cells setups without addingn significantly to the cost. Like I said I don;t want 20 or 30 high power LiPo battery packs on my property,especially after a pal nearly had hsi house burnt down by a LiPo that suffered a spontaneous combustion event. $90,000-00 to his house!
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle