Thread: Question Mini-IMAC????
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:58 PM
Find More Posts by rowdyjoe
Arlington, TX
Joined Jul 2009
1,585 Posts
mini mac

No offense taken here. I was just trying to clarify my remarks.
My point is; the best pilot will win, not the biggest plane. I watched a guy flying an old, beat up, .46 sized version of an ugly stick win the Novice class in our latest SPA event. He was competing against folks flying the newest and (supposedly) best equipment on the market (e.g Phoenix 7, Dirty Birdie, etc.). There were 8 entries with a variety of planes in his class and he beat 7 other pilots flying a simple and visually ugly airplane. However, he has very good servos in it and is a very good pilot. Oh, almost forgot ...he's also using an old 72mhz transmitter (don't remember the brand) and I don't think it has expo or dual rates.
You should at least go and watch a contest to see how things are run and what the truth really is before you jump in with both feet. Don't let anyone discourage you and don't feel intimidated just because you have the smallest plane.
SPA has a Novice B class where you can fly any airplane as long as the engine does not exceed the specified limit. You can fly any plane in the IMAC Basic class.

Hope I didn't raise anyone's blood pressure with my posts here.

RJ
rowdyjoe is offline Find More Posts by rowdyjoe