View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:53 PM
Find More Posts by bobly
Joined Sep 2010
4,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
Mine has the same problem with landings. However this plane harrier lands beautifully! Learn those and you'll literally be able to land on a dime!

If you want to land conventionally you'll need to land it relatively fast. Fly it all the way to the ground and when it is only inches off the ground reduce throttle. The plane seems to auto-flare so don't add any additional back stick. It will touch down tail low on the mains and the tail will touch almost immediately after the mains. Trying to three-point, for me at least, leads to the float-plop you described.

-Brian
Glad to hear it might not be just my inabilities and someone else has noticed it too. And I never use up elevator before touching down. I forgot to mention that it seems to be a bit of a battery hog too. It was wanting to shut down at about 5 minutes with same batteries I fly 7 or more without shutoff on my version 1 and 8-9 minutes on my stryker. But then I would only be showing 3.93 or so each cell and only put 110-115ma back in when I put them on the charger. I do believe they did the best job so far on the as3x system. It's not nearly as bothersome as I find the one in the CC. Just need some basic 10-12 mph wind to test it now.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly