Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:33 PM
Find More Posts by kalmon
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
The only thing I am really going to work on is landing it. It seems like it doesn't want to land. Almost like the as3x system is giving it some up elev as you slow it down and then it finally gets so slow about 6-10 inches off the ground that it sort of plops down the last little bit. I don't land this way preferring to fly all the way to the ground. I want it to hit rolling on the main gear with wheels on or slide across the grass for a few feet without wheels over grass.
Mine has the same problem with landings. However this plane harrier lands beautifully! Learn those and you'll literally be able to land on a dime!

If you want to land conventionally you'll need to land it relatively fast. Fly it all the way to the ground and when it is only inches off the ground reduce throttle. The plane seems to auto-flare so don't add any additional back stick. It will touch down tail low on the mains and the tail will touch almost immediately after the mains. Trying to three-point, for me at least, leads to the float-plop you described.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon