View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:46 PM
Find More Posts by Sudsy
It's Just a Hobby!
Joined May 2012
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo5 View Post
Finally got my tricopter flying again. This is the second flight with a revised yaw setup and servo. The KK2 is basically stock 1.2FW, think I raised the yaw scale stick a bit based on a comment I saw here. Had to switch to low rates on roll & pitch while I get the hang of it.

http://youtu.be/SK92fhFo3QM

Blowing a gale today so I couldn't fly. Tried one flight tonight, thinking it might have calmed a bit (not much). Flew OK once I realized I'd inadvertently switched on auto-level & turned it off. Wondered why all of a sudden I had insufficient control. Fortunately the crash landing after getting blown downwind didn't damage anything. I think I'm going to switch it to the side spoiler lever to make inadvertent engagement less likely.

I broke the yaw servo on the first test flight when I clipped something. Likely my fault for using too wimpy a servo (HK 922MG with 1.8kg of torque) for the direct drive rcexplorer style yaw pivot. The new setup is close to hallstudio's, just with a motor block made of a scrap of cutting board plastic and a chunk of knitting needle as the pivot. Works great with the Turnigy MG930 servo (3.6kg of torque) and doesn't seem to flutter in flight at all, unlike the first version.

I'm looking forward to more flying and tuning if the weather cooperates.

cheers,
Andrew

Good video. I especially liked the final comment. Walking away from a landing is a good thing. I hate the one's I have to run away from!!!
Sudsy is offline Find More Posts by Sudsy