View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:16 PM
Find More Posts by Mac50L
New Zealand, Canterbury, Rolleston
Joined Oct 2011
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudcow007 View Post
how did you attach the hinges? I'm told gettign them to stick to epp is a nightmare
I don't glue my hinges and the horns don't need glue either though I do glue them. I cut a slit for the hinge with a break-off blade knife. I then slide the hinge into the slit and lay another hinge on top of the surface (tailplane, rudder etc.) and with a fine felt tip pen, mark through the holes in the hinge. Thenusing a 1 mm drill, drill through the foam and hopefully the holes in the hinge. Then, using 1 mm copper wire, I loop wire through the surface. Usually just one loop, sometimes 2 loops though the hinge has 6 holes.

For horns, if they don't have holes, they get them when fitting and they also get wired on. This means if the glue breaks / fails, the horn doesn't fall off and totally lose control.

All push rods now have linkage stoppers instead of clevises. The LS have a nut rather than a Circlip to hold them on the horn. Somewhere I've previously noted the HK part number. Note when the nut is tight, the LS is still free to turn on the horn. There is a shoulder stopping it getting tight.
Mac50L is offline Find More Posts by Mac50L