View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:43 PM
Find More Posts by jims123
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tug View Post
..Your winch sounds like it needs a good cleaning outside of the boat ...
Actually it looks like it's bone dry but there is one little spot of oxidation on a lead I can see and i will try to remove it.. I just dread re-threading the sheets properly so will take several photos of how they are rigged 1st..

If I get the knurled fastener off the top of the drum, can i lift it off the shaft and then pull the winch assy straight forward and out of the tray? ir do i need to clip the sheet line at the drum end to get both out together?

I will push the Power and Servo Leads out of the water proofed radio gear compartment and tape these two ends to a snake line to help get them back later.. This should be interesting. I agree now it a good time to try this and it would be much better to refurb and bench test the winch rather than risk damaging the rig turn buckles and blocks etc in the process..

By the way Mine Beeps 10 times then gives three short beeps , at that Point i immediately flip the Switch ON and toggle the control stick all the way to the TOP and then shut the smart sw OFF .. and ON and what ever i do from that point does nothing to drive the winch.. i will try it again a last time after I re-read the procedure then will pull the winch out of the boat and bench test and refurb it.. i just got a reply from Guy and may send it back to be re-worked if the refurb tips you have given me fail to revive it..

Thanks Again
JimS
jims123 is offline Find More Posts by jims123
Last edited by jims123; Oct 15, 2012 at 05:59 PM.