View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:23 AM
Find More Posts by eosglider
Addicted to lift
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2010
513 Posts
I can think of a million ways to mount the GoPro onto the plane but it all depends on what view you want. If you want an unobstructed view, somewhere on the wing would be best, otherwise you'll probably have to fabricate a way to strap it onto the canopy or the small fuse space behind the canopy. Might have to screw the GoPro's little base into the plastic fuse.

Another thing to consider is drag and if you mount it on the wing, you have to remember it will act as a spoiler on that wing, so flight characteristics might not be ideal. In my opinion, mounting it somewhere on the fuse on top or bottom might be the way to go.

I did an FPV setup on the P2K where I mounted the FPV camera in the canopy without the hatch. It worked out well and flight characteristics were mostly un-affected.
See:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1567

Hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumixmd View Post
Hey guys,

a simple but complicate question for you: How do you mount GoPro on Phoenix2000?
Only place that I think it could be done is on the wings, but I disassemble it every time I'm going to flight so I can transport it, and don't have idea how to mount there the camera.

Thanks for your answers
eosglider is online now Find More Posts by eosglider
Last edited by eosglider; Oct 15, 2012 at 09:31 AM.