Find More Posts by nightfox7
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
United States, GA, Cornelia
Joined Jan 2012
1,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangetsu57 View Post
Hey folks,

I recently purchased a Bixler as a platform for my 2nd FPV plane. I've had a few FPV flights with my Axn Clouds (which have been amazing), but I can't figure out a way to fit in my Cyclops Nova OSD. The Bixler has a lot more room inside, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Anyway, my current plan is to build the Bixler and fly it first w/o FPV equipment to get used to the flight characteristics in case they are different from the Axn. Next, I plan to add the FPV equipment (no GoPro, so it shouldn't be *too* heavy). In practice, is this a good way to go since gluing the halves together will make it more difficult to add the equipment later? Any advice here would be appreciated!
One thing you could do is use hot glue sparingly (just a thin line, or little blobs spaced evenly) then when you are ready to pull it apart, get some alcohol (rubbing alcohol, so don't go pouring your beer on your plane, save it for when you get frustrated ) and get something to drip it into the seems (like a pipette) and let it sit for about 45 seconds and slowly pull it apart. The alcohol will make the hot glue release from the foam, if you aren't comfortable with this, you can practice it on some foam or just a little part of your plane.

-Seth
nightfox7 is offline Find More Posts by nightfox7