Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:13 PM
Find More Posts by turboparker
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2009
13,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
I just got through flying my Beast 3D in 25mph winds with gusts to 32mph!!!...I was honestly scared that when I flew it down wind I wasn't going to get it back...The video is uploading on YouTube as I write this post....I'll post the vid as soon as it becomes available...

Kevin
Kevin,

Looking forward to the video! The B3D is absolutely uncanny in stronger winds. Was that on 2s or 3s? My record so far is 30 MPH gusting to 37 MPH - but that was on 3s. I don't think I'll be breaking that one anytime soon. The peak G-loads were so extreme that the plane suffered significant structural damage during the flight - which included stationary snaps, rolls, KE, and touch & goes - plus a few big-air loops & WOT passes. Three popped flying wire sets, a severed interplane strut, multiple creases in the wings, and stress-related damage around the elevator & aileron horns. But anything up to around 30 MPH seems to be just fine. I've got quite a few hours of wind-surfing in 25+ MPH winds on mine, and she's still hanging in there.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker