Find More Posts by SB7
SB7
I am actually really slow
Brisbane
Joined Jun 2008
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japac View Post
It's fast no doubt about that, but still want abit more :-)
My funjet with a 36mm motor did run 304km/h on gps, but it torq rolls like mad. The voodoo is much better plane, but would like to get around the same speed
I have to mesure my rpm's.
Do you have any advice on how to Cut a prop?
Not sure a voodoo is going to like being above 300kph, Im not sure though, might have to tape the aileron tips to avoid flutter.

To cut a prop down. Mark the tips so you know how much material you want to cut off, chop with some sharp scissors or a knife, then sand the rest down to shape. Best to keep the tips fairly square, dont go sharpening it to a point if that makes sense, the APCs are not strong enough to support a prop with sharp tips, so keep em square! Might want to thin out the airfoil at the tip slightly also.

In the end its alot of work only to break them on the very first landing (has happened so many times ) I have a 4.2x4.75 here that ive choped down I was going to do moulds for and make full carbon versions. But It never got the interest to make it worth while.

I suggest finding a motor/prop combination that works with off the shelf props. Will save you alot of time.
SB7 is offline Find More Posts by SB7