Thread: Build Log Sig Riser 2M Build
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:43 PM
Find More Posts by Fickle flier
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Jun 2012
160 Posts
Looks good! I think we are almost the same spot in construction. How did you do your spoilers? I ended up doing a servo in each wing. This is a bit problematic as I was using VegasRay's setup which works very easily; however, I am having trouble as there is not quite enough room to shut the spoiler completely (it touches the other easy connectors). I am able to make it work by moving the control horn to the very edge of the spoiler. The only problem is I had to carve out a bit of the wing behind the spoiler to allow the control horn to pass. That said it does work and I think I can just have a bit of covering hang past the edge of the spoiler to cover the small hole (about 1/8"). I am not totally happy with this but I do not feel like working on them anymore (I have been trying to get them to work for a while. I think the minimum spoiler size would have to be around 1" and mine are slightly smaller than that (I had 1.5" trailing edge stock and cut it down and they ended up about 3/4." Anyway they work perfect now and all I have to do is join the center wing panels and then sand, cover and install the radio stuff.

I was hoping to maiden this weekend as I thoght I may be able to get help using the highstart. I may have to learn that on my own. I do not see flying the plane as a problem, but I do not know what the learning curve on launching is going to be. ).
Fickle flier is offline Find More Posts by Fickle flier
Last edited by Fickle flier; Oct 13, 2012 at 10:54 PM.