View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:28 PM
Find More Posts by peterlngh
Joined Apr 2012
3,222 Posts
I really don't think that a newer flier can go wrong with the Turnigy/Flysky/Eurgle. It provides an entry to the world of programmable radios at a fraction of the cost. And, if you are up to changing the software and, perhaps, adding in a more powerful module, it can surpass the capability of radios that cost many-hundreds of dollars. Personally, I have yet to find a compelling reason to either upgrade or replace it especially since extra receivers are only 8-9 dollars.

I've been flying a lot since March and have not had a single glitch. I tested the range to approximately a mile without a single glitch. And it has all the functions I really need although it did take a little head scratching to figure out some of the functions. The only real failing is in warranty, instructions, and product support but there are plenty of sources for info about setting it up.

A friend of mine also bought one so I have inspected the inside of two transmitters and have found the workmanship to be good. However, I have seen a few reports of bad solder joints. Once again, Chinese quality control leaves something to be desired but the two I've seen are solidly built. If I dropped mine in front of a bus tonight? I would order another without hesitation. In fact, in the 42 years I've been flying RC, I would say it's the single best deal I've ever purchased with the possible exception of an old Super Tigre .45 I bought for half price at a going out of business sale. That engine went through tens of gallons of fuel, five planes, and didn't miss a beat until I mashed it into a parking lot and broke the case. A full functioned, multi-channel, radio for under $75.00 is bordering on miraculous.
peterlngh is offline Find More Posts by peterlngh