View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:37 PM
Find More Posts by FlyingPanMan
Joined Oct 2012
8 Posts
Hiya All,

First posting here because I just bought two 808#16's V2 with D Lenses and think they are t'riffic!

I'm in the UK and have been using one in my motorcycle helmet with a power pack while riding (see my YouTube channel in my username). I know there are still problems with these units and know about the blue-grey shift. I've just come across something that you may be able to duplicate. I have the Windows "Classic" desktop colour scheme on my computer monitor and I was messing with the camera shooting the screen, which was predominantly blue desktop.

When replaying, the scene surrounding the monitor screen went all orange and took ages to recover. It was in flourescent (modern energy saving bulb) light but the awb setting was auto, contrast low, saturation higher, colour normal, exposure dark. I have the latest firmware and software installed and was able to replicate the problem on my other camera.

Haven't got any photos unfortunately, but I thought the info might throw some "light" onto the problem. In any case, perhaps shooting plain background monitor screens of various colours may be of help in diagnosing the colour shifts.

Cheers, Paul.
FlyingPanMan is offline Find More Posts by FlyingPanMan
Last edited by FlyingPanMan; Oct 13, 2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Oops got my settings muxed ip.