View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by jedorme
Joined Jul 2009
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
To the best of my knowledge I was the first to use the phrase Stiring the Sticks and that was when I was using 2D and 3D only by way of Gear Switch.

I would point the aircraft in the desired heading for a hand realease then Stir the Sticks while in 3D mode so that all surfaces would center add throttle and release.

If yo have Off available as I do now with a 3 Pos. Mode Sw. I just leave it switched to Off ,point it ,Sw. to 3D advance throttle and release.
That certainly helps to explain the origin of doing this & the reasons for it. Also helps to confirm that what I have been doing with my TX set up to have all three modes (3D, 2D & Off) gives me the same result. And I totally agree with your opinion of 2D. I check to make sure it is working when I first fly so that I can flip it on if I get out of control but other than that, I leave it off. I find it kind of confusing as I can't really tell if its the Guardian or me flying the plane half of the time. But with 3D, its just the opposite. Which is funny because before I used it I thought that it would be the reverse. Now I just want to save up enough money & for the supply of Guardians to meet the demand so that I can put one in more of my planes!

Jed
jedorme is offline Find More Posts by jedorme