View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:02 AM
Find More Posts by SkippyTBK
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Nov 2011
373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w2hef View Post
ok... I'M DONE! I've put forth quite an effort trying to get this YS-X6 working and i'm finished.. I have the YS system on my XA650 V4... i have top of the line Spektrum DX8 with the AR8000 RX... went through the Install Guide Icon in the Iphone Software... can't stop those motors...

Can't stop the motors from spinning... I'm just plan confused... Shouldn't be this hard. I need someone's time (talking) or skyping whatever... before i sent the whole kit back. I'm that frustrated.
Yes I agree, for the money it cost its not so "plug and play" as it should be. The instruction manual is unreadable and it is quite difficult to get working out of the box. The GCS is not intuitive either. Then I find you have to go and hack the Ipad to make it work as well and that's a hell of a task in it self. Now Google earth plugin isn't working and then the system to have GCS connected via a router system is just very poor. Who the hell want to lug a router out into the field with them?? Whats so hard to just plug a data unit with USB into the lap top like most UAVs have? How si the GCS suppose to link up and you also have internet as well for Google Earth to work properly?

I have been using the DIY Arducopter for over a year and this is all community project which is not that easy, buts its very low cost and it seem a lot more advanced in many ways. I thought I would buy one of these so called out of the box systems to see how they compare. After this experience it seem no easier and actually probably more difficult in the end, but at 8 time the cost.

Its taken me 2 days so far to try set it up, but seems its locked me out for some reason so Ive yet to see if it fly's to expectations. Over all to date it seems very half done and way to expensive for that.
SkippyTBK is offline Find More Posts by SkippyTBK