WMD
Find More Posts by WMD
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf_Bob View Post
Steve, I have exactly the same experience! System monitor shows 100% cpu usage and even swap area being used to about 18%. I thinks it's something to do with Adobe reader but I,m not sure. I'm not sufficiently computer savvy to be able to give a difinitive reason.
Interesting. I have no idea how this works. Both those plans were produced by others, not me, so I just copied them and listed them as they were. I assume different people produce PDFs in different ways, I mean if it was exported from Gimp as a PDF or ditto from Photoshop, there may be some differences in the .. encoding? Plus of course the user settings chosen at that point will vary.

If it was me, it would be from Photoshop CS3 and exported to PDF using the settings I show here : http://www.outerzone.co.uk/tutorials/02/index.asp at the bottom of the page .

The P51 plan at ID# 64 seems to be at a resolution of 800 dpi, which is very high, and gives a total px width of 30,000 pixels - I think that rings a bell, maybe images over that size cause problems? It works fine for me on my PC here ... not easy for me to check what you are seeing without installing the linux os and all that etc. Which is not a trivial job.
WMD is offline Find More Posts by WMD