Thread: Question Mini-IMAC????
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:18 AM
Find More Posts by EscapeFlyer
CPA# 39
United States, MN, Brooklyn Center
Joined May 2009
827 Posts
I am the North Central Region Director for the Classic Pattern Association. I like the efforts the SPA have made. My preference is to use retracts and tuned pipes, just like they were originally used... even before 1976.

The CPA is great fun!

[QUOTE]If you're a hard core competitor and want to compete at the highest levels you're going to have to step up and buy the best equipment no matter what style of flying you do. If you want to be the best, your equipment has to be the best. (e.g A moderately equipped 50cc plane will cost approx. $1500 ..[/QUOTE]

Even with retracts and tuned pipes, I spend about half the cost you are recommending for the top notch CPA equipment.

I don't think I want to push those kinds of costs. Like the CPA and the SPA, my emphasis is keeping the costs down to manageable levels. I would like to see a .60 size aircraft pull off the same scores as the 50cc...

Based on attitudes in my geography, money is everything for modern IMAC. I would venture a guess that where IMAC flourishes, attitudes towards smaller aircraft will be more acceptable.

Brian
EscapeFlyer is offline Find More Posts by EscapeFlyer