Thread: Discussion Taking things too seriously!
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:00 AM
Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
5,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLastweedle View Post
There's only one thing scarier than an unsafe flyer that's someone that thinks they're safe because they are being 'careful'.
Everyone does that when they go swimming, surfing, play football, watch a baseball game in person, ride a bicycle or drive a car. This is no different. I assume personal responsibility for anything bad that happens.
Quote:
If you are flying in a public park /field, no matter how well you think you've got all the bases covered or how many self imposed rules you have in place you are no better than any other Parkflyer on here .
Wrong. I stand in stark contrast to "Why so conservative? Young blooooooooooooooood is here!" I consider the risks carefully and mitigate them. I fly when NOBODY is in front of me. My safety standards probably exceed that of clubs, certainly some of the clubs featured in You Tube videos.
Quote:
Have you got liability insurance to cover innocent bi standers in the event of a gear malfunction, plane fly away or collision with a bird ?
No !
Well there goes your credibility. You know what they say about stupid assumptions. I have real insurance, not the AMA's full of holes insurance, which has a weasel clause for if you lose radio contact with your plane, or if you hit a family member or anyone who normally belongs on the property on which you fly. But you're pretending I don't have coverage. I say "have you carefully read the actual AMA insurance policy? You're not as covered as you may think." That's just curtains for any belief that you have something worth listening to. The statement "all flying outside of AMA sanction is unsafe and inadvisable" is just plain silly. We will now pause for everyone to have a good laugh at your expense.
Quote:
Then your personal desire to fly is also at the expense and risk to others.''
Your premise is flawed, as demonstrated above. Everything that follows is horse manure. We'll cut you off here.
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins