View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:22 AM
Find More Posts by Kambalunga
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Guys, we are talking about VERY LOW milliseconds timing here! Yes, a pro may see (or more feel) a difference, but trust me, typical human fingers/eye coordination (most of us) will not see any difference. Heck, I think most people who buy servos look for the price first, then the torque specification, but sadly totally disregard how fast it goes (unless they use it with a gyro that recommend something specifically because fast timing is then important). Trust me, even if a servo signal is received 10 millisecond later, it would not be bad for most of us. As I said, often the servos being used are slower than what the receiver can feed them anyway. This is just marketing hype (and mostly simply because new technology kicking in, making it easier to implement such thing).

Heck, in winter, your fingers probably have a 400millisecond response time!
With slower frame rate is the difference indeed evident with a PPM like chema. With PPM (Hitec, FrySky etc.) one servo after the other response. 3x20ms=60ms with a 120°swashplate. With pitch move the rotor to the one side down or high and then back. A looping becomes more a spiral with Stone Age PPM. The effect is even visible with a four servo evelon wing, with PPM see you the delay between the first and the last servo. Same effect a Looping is not a Looping when you not make some unnecessary control inputs to comensate this. Ask maybe a RC car driver about latency. With low latency has he a consistent direct turn-in point, with PPM varying random the turn-in point.

But the 3 1/2 digtal throttle control flyer realized this sure not.
Kambalunga is offline Find More Posts by Kambalunga