View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:17 AM
Find More Posts by TBowman
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
Thanks Jerry and Dan.

The hull is ready for the big work-over but I started sketching some thoughts on the "poor man's" working gun compared to Dan's works of art. The guns will be made from a high-impact SLA resin. They are two-part and designed to have the breech removable. The lugs are similar to a typical bolt action with a push and turn lock. This also locates the breech in the correct position. The brass tube/sleeve is intended to protect the resin from the flash. The thought behind these is more for smoke-puff then for bang.

Only in the experimentation phase but I have everything here to do some tests. Mostly just for the fun. : ) Hope to have some gun parts soon. I plan on doing the 6 pounders the same way and am also working on some 9 and 18 pounders that would be for the Lively class frigate. Hope to show a comparison drawing soon of the various guns.

Jerry..I scaled these roughly to see just how big my dream project would be when compared to the brig. ooooooh Lively class looks so good!!!! Dimensions are approximate.

tim
TBowman is offline Find More Posts by TBowman
Last edited by TBowman; Oct 13, 2012 at 01:22 AM.