Thread: Discussion Taking things too seriously!
View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:51 PM
Find More Posts by verticalspark
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Young lady was hit by a helicopter while walking in a park in Florida and she was seriously injured. If you don't think it can happen to you, please stop thinking that way. I think it's instructive to sometimes relate our aircraft to firearms... with firearms we think in terms of possible and impossible, because probably just isn't good enough for deadly weapons. It is not good enough for aircraft either. Why take the risk? If you fly in parks do your best to make sure you do it safely and respect what you are doing.

The ironic thing about the girl being hit was I think it actually ended up looking not so bad for us, because we had people appear on the news saying how dumb it is to fly big ass helicopters in crowded parks, and showing how to properly fly such aircraft at a club, and we donated a ton of money to help the girl out. Pretty sure she used it to sue the guy who was flying. Do you want that to be you?
If im not mistaken that was a 500 size nitro heli being flown in a crowded park. And yes, that was more than stupid. I will fly a 450 in an empty park and if anyone shows up to watch it Ill land and fly the mCPx or a plane. With a plane you have a general idea where it will end up, helis not so much...

But there is a HUGE difference between a park flyer and a nitro heli of any size.
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark