View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:24 PM
Find More Posts by ldhflyguy
FlyGuy
Batavia, IL, USA
Joined Oct 2007
383 Posts
A60-6XV2 versus A50-12LV2 Using a Xoar 20x10

I'm pretty happy with my new A60 which just replaced my deceased A50. The A50 always came down really hot after what I would call just moderate 3D flying. I put my first four flights on the A60 today, with the outside temperature at about 50 deg. F. The first 2 flights were with GensAce 60C 6S5300s used only this summer. I was amazed at the pullout acceleration/speed (multiple times) from hover that I got compared to what I use to get from the A50. I really liked how cool the motor was after the flight. The only negative is that I think I might get about a minute less time per flight. When I switched to my 2 year old/100 plus flights GensAce 30C 6S 5300s, I got about the same vertical pullout, but I got less of those pullouts, as the batteries seemed to run out much faster and they came down almost hot. I don't know about my airfield's altitude; but, I'm about 40 miles west of Chicago and not in any mountains. Like Steve T. said, I think the A60-6X /Xoar 20x10 is going to fit my style of flying just fine; but, I'm definitely going to try a 21x10 to see what happens. That's 'cause Joe's my Idol.

ldhflyguy is online now Find More Posts by ldhflyguy