View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:21 PM
Find More Posts by Beanz
Joined Sep 2012
187 Posts
Thanks guys. No, I'm not trying to do anything demanding with the MM. I have performance planes for that. I bought the MM for it's looks and grace in the air.

I bought the MM at a time when I had a LOT of stress in my life and very little spare time so my mind was not really focused clearly.

I made the mistake of permanently fixing (as in gluing) the rod between the two wings as the whole wing fixing idea seemed so weak. However, on it's first flight, it shot up, stalled and came down very heavily (I hadn't expected any of this as I'd not read any threads etc on it's flight characteristics) and the solid wing split at the next weakest area, which was at the trailing edge.

As previously I'd flown gliders where the wing was fixed together in this way but was attached to the fuse using the rubber bands over dowels method I'd followed this without really thinking. Of course, upon impact the wing couldn't slide forward as it was hard up against the foam in front of the canopy.

A hard earned lesson really.

I was so disappointed that I put the MM in the shed and forgot about it.

But now I have a slightly clearer mind I thought I'd give it another go.

So it'll mean cutting out the glued rod and putting a new one in. It's gonna be a fair bit of work but it's better than just leaving such a beautiful plane doing nothing.
Beanz is offline Find More Posts by Beanz