View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:04 PM
Find More Posts by DaaBears
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,656 Posts
Nice video!

My vote still goes for the Slick! I think it's the best all around plane out there in this size! I think the extra is awesome in the hands of a great pilot, and does fantastic high energy stuff, but for those of us still learning, and especially the guys that like low and slow, the slick is the way to go. Losi said it the other day, the 71" slick is the best all around 25% 3d plane on the market! He's never steered me wrong, he told me to get an edge instead of an extra once and I had already ordered the extra. Flew it for two months, sold it, got the edge and had to write him a "you were right" pm! He's got over 1000 flights on a 71 slick, so I trust him! For an intermediate 3d guy still learning the moves he described I would say the Slick, Edge, then the Extra.
For me, I love all these planes, but since I am still learning and trying to master the things I do know, my slick makes me look better and it makes my learning easier because I am so comfortable with this airframe. And as mentioned above, 6s is a great setup on the slick, 8s can get pricey!
Disclaimer: this debate has no right or wrong answer! All 3 planes are insanely awesome!
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Last edited by DaaBears; Oct 12, 2012 at 01:15 PM.