Find More Posts by John38
Southampton, UK
Joined May 2007
913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
Neither can I Steve
And neither can I.

When I raised the point of having the CAD plans ( where they exist) at no time did I or Steve in his positive response advocate that PDF formats would be dropped. CAD plans would simply be another version of the models in question added to the archive and to the database. For those who prefer to stay with the PDF format - fine but that is no reason to deny those who can usefully use the CAD versions access to CAD plans, and there must be many across the globe since apart from professional CAD users, ModelCad and its successor must have sold quite a few copies to modellers to make it worthwhile producing.

The fact that Steve came back quickly with a positive response to my suggestion indicated to me that he could readily implement it.
Steve is clearly well versed in databasing ( is that a word ??) and his tag system bang on the nail for us modellers, but the icing on the cake was combining the database search with a wingspan function - absolutely brilliant and saved me a lot of work ploughing thru the plans for small indoors rubber models for me to build for my grandson to fly at the local indoor meet this weekend.

many thanks, Steve

John
John38 is offline Find More Posts by John38
Last edited by John38; Oct 12, 2012 at 01:02 PM.