View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:47 AM
Find More Posts by HuskySpade
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Is there a difference in the blade pivot diameters of the two helis? Or the 'female' mating parts of the two sets of blades? I'm wondering what else they've changed besides the battery connector.
Yes there is..

Allow me clarify the situation:

The blades that came installed on the new V911 pivoted and moved freely without any problems. The heli flew great right out of the box. It was the replacement blades whose "female" mating part was too small... So the diameters are different. The ones that fit are 3mm wide, the replacements that came with the new V911 are 2.5mm wide.

The replacement blades that came with my "old" V911 are also 3mm, so they fit my "new" V911 without any problems whatsoever. So I don't think there were any changes to the rotor head between the old and the new style. At least not with mine.

I hope WL Toys didn't make a huge manufacturing screw up and are going to start shipping replacement blades whose "female" mating part is too small to fit their amazing helicopter.

I plan to order two sets of replacement blades from TMart today in hopes that they're the 3mm size blades. Keep them handy incase I break the main rotors again.
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
Last edited by HuskySpade; Oct 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM.