View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:05 AM
Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Stone View Post
Mea culpa. I shoulda, woulda, coulda checked, tested and verified. But I didn't. I just popped in the battery and flew the pants of the Mustang until she died of a heart attack.

Thanks, G-Forced and Aerodude for your equipment suggestions. I am using a BP Hobbies motor on the Bucker Jungmann (also from BP Hobbies) and I love it.

The motor I was using was a 42-50 1000kv motor. It is no longer sold by HeadsupRC, but i believe it was a 800 watt motor.

Now here's the good news, I was looking through my inventory of motors and found an excellent replacement. The Motor is an Exceed Rocket "4120" which has a 49.5 mm diameter and 46 mm length, with a kva of 660. It is rated at 1,850 watts! I think I will end up pulling 1000+ watts, so the motor will be well within its limits, not over them. In any event I will be testing and reporting my full power draw prior to flying the plane again.

I will need to do some micro carpentry to build the motor mount for the bigger motor, but have in mind the perfect solution there.

As part of this "major overhaul" on the "Stang, I also plan to rewire the sound system into the main battery, replace the elevator control system with better hardware, replace the aileron control hardware, and replace the landing gear retract servos, trunions and struts. I have some superb metal struts with springs that will replace the 5 mm wire struts with plastic original equipment. The retract servos are from PW-RC and a drop-in replacement. I expect the result will be a fine-flying, good-looking and great-sounding Mustang. To be honest, I seriously considered replacing the plane, but feel she still has another life to give.

Thanks again for your encouragement and suggestions. I will probably acquire both Scorpion and BP Hobbies motors in the future.

Cheers,

Jackson
Jackson
Watch this and dont fly your P47 until replacements arrived
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1749176
Med vänlig hälsning Lasse
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten