View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:30 AM
Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
Joined Jan 2012
1,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty View Post
G'day All,

I am sure you have heard this a million times before....

I am relatively new to the hobby n this is my first post, (have a few foamy warbirds and some helis), but this will be my first 3d/balsa plane. I ordered the following, any suggestions/comments on the set up etc? Thanks!

1. 59 slick
2. Hacker A40-10s
3. Castle lite 100 (I believe this esc is a bit big (?) however I want some redundancy in my electronics and to plan for future purchases. Ie: I will run a 4s 4000 set up so i can double up for a 70" ish size plane later).
4. hs 225 servos with the dub672 arms
5. 15x6 or 15x7 prop.

Cant wait...cant wait... cant wait...
Change the Hacker A40-10S to a Motorfly DM4315-714 lightened addition available from SubSonic Planes. I have it on mine (thanks to Steve T. for sending it to the UK ).

Change the ESC to the ICE Lite 100, don't need the extra weight of the 100 standard IMO. Get a Castle USB programming kit. You will need to change the BEC voltage, and I guess you will fixed throttle end-points. Also set throttle response to 10 for it to be super crisp

DuBro arms are fine but get the Hitec HS7245MH instead. A lot more expensive but way better I believe Set the BEC voltage on the ICE to 7.4V if using the 7245's to get the most out of them

Xoar PJN 15x7, Falcon Beechwood 15x7, it's all good!

For batteries, I run the Thunder Power 4S 3850mAh 65C ones. Truly amazing and get flight times on average of about five minutes.

This exact setup is great. Whilst a bit more expensive, it really is amazing!

This same setup can be seen in my video here:
3DHS AJ Slick 59! (3 min 39 sec)

As you see, no blowback, loads of power, and crisp servos
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member