Thread: Build Log Peak Hobby Binary-900 Build
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:43 PM
Find More Posts by DeadServo
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2012
207 Posts
Well I just received the Binary V2 in the mail and I wanted to say a few things from a total "Building Beginner". I have flown everything from gliders to Helis to Powered planes since the mid-80's... but never got too much into building. Anyhow I just wanted to give a heads up to those that may try their hand and building one of these.

So the model was packed fairly well.. there were a few bits floating around the box but I think those might of been extras.. not sure yet. But the rest was firmly packed. First off I want to say that the kit in no way states that this model is for beginners... so I should have been ready. But just from my initial inspection of the instructions of the kit I am Luke-Warm... here is why (big ones first)

CONS so far..
- Only one of my wings has the Aileron mark.. I am not thrilled about trying to duplicate the accuracy on the other wing.

- The instructions are vague to say the least.. for instance it goes from the initial task of epoxying the wings together ... then on to cutting the ailerons along the "aileron mark" It simply skips RIGHT over the part of adding the fiberglass to the center of the wing. The only reason I know it skipped over this is because the image shows the fiberglass already applied... with no mention of it anywhere else in the directions.

PROS so far
- I am glad that they seem to be using a pushrod for the elevator.. after reading the fiasco with trying to do the spring situation I am very glad they cleared this up.

- Aside from my "missing Aileron" the quality of this kit seems outstanding.

More updates to come... as of now I have to figure out how to accurately cut the ailerons so they match.
DeadServo is offline Find More Posts by DeadServo