Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:27 PM
Find More Posts by ken_nj
GSMB Member
United States, NJ, Howell
Joined Mar 2008
1,880 Posts
Discussion
The models of Dave Kammerer of the Garden State Model Boaters

Over in the Garden State Model Boaters thread I mentioned the passing of one of our long time members Dave Kammerer. I offered you the option of posting construction pictures of one of his boats that some of you seemed to favor, the Nixe. I can't just post the pictures without going into a bit of history, so you will have to suffer with my narrative.

Our club was formed in January of 1985 and Dave has been around since near the very beginning, if not at the beginning. He was a retired high school teacher and had many talents which he used in the hobby of model boats and a collections of trains that he kept. He was generous offering members to come over his house to work on a problem they were having or to use any of the many tools he had in his shop. He was our club Commodore for many years and always had an interesting topic to explain to the members at our monthly meetings. He was also a member of his church choir which sang at his memorial service. I'm sure there are plenty of other good things that can be said about the man that I am not aware of. He is survived by his wife Joan and children Ken and Susan. I guess I'm going to let this thread be a memorial and remembrance of our friend who left us to early. Some other club members that may chime in are frankg, muddyduck and californiakid.

I'll be getting to the construction pictures soon. His wife Joan gave me copies of the construction pictures of the Nixe on CD. She offered me the opportunity to take my own pictures of Dave's miniature boats that we do not see on the water that often. If I do I will also ask her if she would not mind sharing any construction pictures as well.

First a few pictures of the Nixe on the water.
ken_nj is offline Find More Posts by ken_nj
Last edited by ken_nj; Oct 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM.