View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:02 PM
Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Joined Dec 2011
4,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
I second that. I ended up spending many hours trying to sort out tail issues on my CopterX500. I tried several cheap servo/gyro options trying to save a dollar. And after all the headaches I ended up buying a DS520 paired with an old Futaba GY240 I had in my surplus and things were sweet. Well they were sweet until until my CopterX tail rotor released a grip during a high speed diving pass, but my combo held true with the tail rock solid as it ploughed into the ground hehe. My 500 has been sitting on the bench for a few months all busted up, but last weekend I was having such a great time flying my CopterX450 until the forward belt drive gear separated(I didnt even know it had two parts) allowing the belt to slip off the gear resulting in a spiraling attempt at grounding her. Anyway on the back of the fun I had with my 450 I decided to build HK500GT this time. Heres a couple of pics on my CX450 and CX500 in mint condition. Oh well clones rock !!
Beenflying was telling me that he's had great success with this tail servo on a ZYX. I'm pretty much just using his 500 setup on mine with Mi servos on the cyclic and tail, YEP80A ESC etc.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14831

Just have to remember to not run these at over 280hz no matter what Blue Arrow's website says (the listed specs used to say 280hz max, then it changed to 333hz for some reason and people started having problems trying to run them at that)
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Oct 11, 2012 at 10:09 PM.