View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:51 PM
Find More Posts by bobepine
Trader Rating: 184
Joined Jun 2011
9,384 Posts
Trader Rating: 184
Hi Al,

The smallest I would want to make with this material is probably around 270mm using motors with about 500 grams of thrust and 6 inch props. With such specs it would make for a little bomb. Of course, tamer motors could also be used.

As for end caps, yes, I'd like to find something but haven't yet. They can easily be fabricated using epoxy paste. This is something people can make on their own if they want to. Makes for a good rainy afternoon project.

As for making a pre-flight check video, it's a good idea. I will make one for sure. So far, I have made a video for every build I sold. People get a private unlisted video in which I show a flight demo and I run them through the KK2 and radio settings. I have done a video like this for everyone who bought a quad. When the quad is finished, I shoot a video and then I send my paypal info. If people like what they see, they pay for it and I ship. Now THAT is service! But perhaps making a video that could be used for everyone and just sending a brief flight demo along with it would save me repeating the same thing in every video.

Production is going well so far, I made 18 center plates yesterday. Will be working on making arms today and will be assembling some models this weekend. Those who were first to order can expect to receive their own private video this Saturday or Sunday. And those who only ordered frames should most likely have them shipped early next week.

I'll keep you posted, and I'll add a list of orders later to make sure I'm not forgetting anyone. I have a ton of PMs, it's quite ridiculous.

Off to work now.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
RCG Plus Member