Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:07 PM
Find More Posts by chas650r
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
Analogies and hypothesis aside the CS10 performs almost as well in the air from my experience. I removed a wemotec from my F16 that was running just over 800w/1.5kg thrust and replaced it with an Alloy CS10 running at 890W 1.52kg thrust, the plane flies the same, speed is so close it would have to be measured to discern any difference.
well this is great news i am sold .

i am no expert, but........ i think u can match the cfm/efflux. in a given setup w/ nothing changing but the rotor , at some rpm it will create the same cfm and hence the same efflux speed. not the same watts or rpm but same cfm.

as far as the motor goes, although it sounds like the fan is capable of 1+kw, in my applications i wont have the battery to support more than ~800 watts on 4s so i hope the rotor still works well at those levels (rpm) , sounds like it from the quote above. so i have had good luck at or below 800watts w/motors in the 100-110gram range, at least in burst. again ,i wont have the battery to run constant 800watts anyway.

thanks to all who responded to my question , its good reading and from w/ i am hearing it sounds doable to me , but brings up 1 more question and it may have been answered, is it important to use the sc housing? i am guessing so due to length and hi stator count?

chuck.
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r